Ingredients for Dried Petal Based Rosewater
- 1/4 dried rose petals
- 1 and 1/4 cup of water
It is so incredibly easy to make your own rose water! You can get dried rose petals online or at a local herb or tea shop. I particularly like to order it from The Spice and Tea Exchange of Highlands because it is local and they use amazing organic teas! You can also order online from http://www.spiceandtea.com/.
(The edible roses are best such as Rosa damascena, Rosa centifolia and Rosa gallica for making wonderful rose water.)
- Boil the water in a pan for 20 minutes.
- Pour the dried flower petals in a cleaned mason jar.
- Let the water cool for sometime and then pour the water in the mason jar.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Use a strainer to separate rose water in spray bottle.
- Add 2-3 drops of rose essential oil to make it more fun.
- Your rose water is ready!!!
*There are also different ways we like to make it with doTerra essential oils which we will do on another blog with other oil blends!