Starting a new business can be overwhelming in the digital age. This series is built to educate and jump-start bootstrap businesses with a focus on your online presence. Small business owners need to wear all sorts of hats in the current digital realm; from web builder to social media marketer. (It’s tough wearing all the pants and walking in everyone’s proverbial shoes while running a small business) Our workshop series helps you to build a powerful foundation for success in the digital arena. Built around the survivalism theme, each workshop in the series focuses on a major facet of building and maintaining a successful web presence.
Each workshop is 3 hours long and includes a full syllabus and workshop binder(outline and detailed info about the workshop, visual guides, topic tutorials and helpful tips). Please bring your own laptop if possible and note taking essentials are necessary. Detailed activities, presentations and discussions on each topic covered during each session. Interactive discussions based on your business/ideas and questions!!
Focus of 5 workshops within this series throughout the weekend.
- Preparing for the digital wilderness- Business Practices, Branding, Prep work
- Scouting the environment- Targeting your market
- Digital Shelter 101- Start and Run a successful wordpress website
- Finding Sustenance in the digital world- Social Media Marketing without Paid Ads
- Digital Smoke Signaling- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Getting Search Results
Preparing for the digital wilderness- Business Practices, Branding, Prepwork
– Preparing and working smarter not harder
– Finding your focus and major goals
– Why good branding is important
– Setting goals and working toward them
Scouting the environment- Targeting the market
– Finding your target markets
– Tuning your market focus and goals
– Accessing alternative strategies
– Standing apart from your competition
Digital Shelter 101- Start and Run a successful wordpress website (laptop required)
– How to start building a site
– Picking a theme (template) for your site
– Building pages and adding content
– Maintaining your wordpress site
Finding Sustenance in the digital world- Social Media & Marketing without Paid Ads
– Using your target markets
– Why interaction is important?
– Sharing with focus and intention
– Keeping followers interested
Digital Signaling- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Getting Search Results for you site
– Utilizing search tools
– Why is Analytics important?
– Setting goals and tracking them
– Implementing the plan and taking action
Friday afternoon- 1 workshop 7-10pm
Saturday- Morning workshop 9-12 & Afternoon Workshop 2-5
Sunday- Morning workshop 9-12 & Afternoon Workshop 2-5